Development of the Bavarian hydrogen strategy
One activity of the H2.B is the development of a hydrogen strategy for Bavaria in cooperation with central players from politics, industry and science with the aim of achieving the use of hydrogen in broad practical application. A strategic approach is indispensable for the implementation of new technologies for hydrogen production, storage, logistics and use. This strategic approach will be realized in terms of technological, economic, political and social dimensions.
H2.B and the partners of the hydrogen alliance have identified technological fields of action for the Bavarian hydrogen economy. These are of paramount importance for a future H2 economy and are to be developed jointly in the Bavarian strategy process.
Timeline of the strategy process
October / November 2019:
- Start of the strategy process in dialogue with the partners in the hydrogen alliance under coordination of the H2.B (network meetings and network conferences)
- Initiation of demonstration projects and the development of infrastructure
- Accelerated development of national and international cooperation (industrial dialogue, municipal dialogue, international dialogue)
- Benchmark paper on hydrogen strategy
Early summer 2020:
- Positionpaper of the Hydrogen Alliance Bavaria
- Hydrogen Conference NUEdialog 2020 – postponed to autumn/winter 2020
- Implementation and further development of the strategy